WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR FOR CALIFORNIAFIRST DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect can include:
- Name, email address, and telephone number
- Social Security Number
- Account balances and transaction history
- Credit history and income
REASONS WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Reasons we share your personal information||Does the Program Administrator for CaliforniaFIRST share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your application, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes -,with service providers we use to offer our products and services to you (please see below to limit the ways in which we contact you)||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We Don’t Share|
|For our affiliate’s everyday business purposes -,information about your transactions and experiences||Yes||No|
|For our affiliate’s everyday business purposes -,information about your credit worthiness||Yes||Yes|
|For our affiliates to market to you||Yes||Yes|
|For third parties to market to you (for example, Participating Contractors)||Yes|
To Limit Our Sharing
- Call 1-844-589-7953
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we can continue to share your information as described in this notice. However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
To Limit Direct Marketing
- To limit our direct marketing to you by mail or telephone, call 1-844-589-7953
You may also be contacted to participate in surveys.
Call 1-844-589-7953 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT WE DO
How does the Program Administrator for CaliforniaFIRST protect my personal information?
How does the Program Administrator for CaliforniaFIRST collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Use our planning tools;
- Apply for financing;
- Register with the Program;
- Participate in a promotion or online survey;
- Access the Program website; or
- Contact us with a question or suggestion
We also collect your personal information from others, such as consumer reporting agencies, affiliates, or outside sources.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes — information about your credit worthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for third parties to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
What happens when I limit sharing for an application I hold jointly with someone else?
If you limit sharing with affiliates, your choices will apply individually unless you tell us otherwise. Any account holder may express a privacy preference on behalf of the other joint account holders
- If you limit sharing with third parties, your choices will apply to everyone on your account
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Our affiliates include Renew Financial LLC, Renewable Funding Group Inc, RenewFund Finance LLC.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
- Third parties we share with can include companies included in the Application process, companies that perform services on our behalf, companies that install Eligible Products, or as required by law, law enforcement or government agencies.
A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- The Program Administrator for CaliforniaFIRST doesn’t jointly market
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Important Notice about Credit Reporting
We may report information about your application to credit bureaus and/or consumer reporting agencies. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your assessment may be reflected in your credit report and/or consumer report.
Do Not Call Policy
We follow state law if state law provides you with additional privacy protections.
We Protect Your Information:
- By using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any personal information transmitted in connection with the Program;
- By limiting access to your personal information to only those authorized parties that have a “need to know;”
- Please review our full policy below for more details.
HOW DO WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may collect and use your personal information to respond to your requests for financing or to provide you with information about products or services that may be of value to you. Certain personal information that we collect about you may be publicly available via government records, telephone books, and other widely available media (i.e. the Internet).
USING OUR PLANNING TOOLS: When you use our planning tools, we collect information including your email address and information regarding Program financing you may be considering, including the interest rate, and terms. We use this information to provide you email communications that you request.
CONTACTING US: When you contact us with a question or suggestion we collect your name, email address, and telephone number. We only use this information to respond to and/or resolve your question or concern.
OPTIONAL INFORMATION: When accessing the Program website, we may give you the option of submitting general information, for purposes related to providing you with new energy efficiency, renewable energy or water efficiency products or services that may be of value to you. Certain information must be provided at the time you submit your request for a financial service or product.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OTHER SOURCES: We also may collect information about you from the following sources:
- Consumer reporting agencies: We may receive information regarding your credit history from a consumer-reporting agency. We use this information to approve and process your Financing Application(“Application”), and to offer you Program products that may be of interest to you.
- Outside sources: We may request and/or receive information regarding you, your property, or your proposed or installed Eligible Products, from others who may or may not have relationships with you, in order to process and approve your Application. We use this information to verify eligibility for the Program financing or to verify representations you make in your Application.
Technical information: We use technology to:
- Gather technical information from your Web browser (IP address, operating systems);
- Set persistent cookies on your computer; and
- Use “action tags” or invisible tracking “gifs” on our systems (to collect anonymous information about your navigation throughout the Program website).
FINANCING APPLICATION: You may view your disclosures, including your Application. If you request paper copies of your disclosures when you submit your Application, we will send you a paper copy in addition to providing your disclosures electronically.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISEMENT: We do NOT use third party advertising companies to provide advertisements or allow third party advertisers to track your browsing activities on the Program website for their own purposes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. DO YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We may share your personal information:
- With companies involved in the Application process—Examples: Property valuation companies and credit reporting agencies are a necessary part of the Application approval process. Therefore, we must provide some of your information to these companies in order to process your request for financing. Additionally, because we do not service contractual assessments, we will provide your information to a company who provides such services. In addition, the Program Sponsor may sell bonds related to your assessment and we will need to provide your information to service providers involved in this activity as well as bond purchasers.
- With companies that perform services on our behalf—Examples: We sometimes use service providers to assist us with specific processes or functions such as distributing emails or processing automatic payments that you may have requested as part of your financing. Some of these processes may be performed by a service provider located overseas.
- With companies that install Eligible Products-Examples: We may share your contact information with companies that are registered as Participating Contractors and offer services and/or products that are eligible for financing under the Program. If you wish to opt out and not have your information shared with these companies, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at (844) 589-7953.
- As required by law—Examples: We may need to share your information with law enforcement or government agencies in response to a subpoena, state/federal audit or other similar circumstances. Additionally, the law requires that all Program assessment agreements be recorded with the local county recorder’s office.
The Program website may link you to other companies’ websites that offer services that may be of interest to you. We do not share any specific information about you or your transaction on the Program website with these companies. You may also access the Program website from another company’s website. We may collect Web traffic statistics from you and other consumers’ Web browsers, and we may share this aggregated information with outside companies to assist them with assessing the effectiveness of their website content. No personal information on you is shared along with this aggregated information.
2. DO YOU USE AN OVERSEAS SERVICE PROVIDER?
The Program Administrator’s service center is located in California.
3. CAN I ACCESS MY INFORMATION?
At present, you can access your information by contacting the Program Call Center by phone at (844) 589-7953.
4. HOW DO YOU SAFEGUARD MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use a variety of security safeguards to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. For example, you will only be able to access information in your Program account by submitting the username and password you created during registration. We provide access to your personal information to Program Administrator employees and other authorized parties on a “need to know” basis. The Program Administrator also uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology supporting up to 128-bit encryption to prevent unauthorized parties from viewing any personal information transmitted to or from the Program Administrator during your session.
5. HOW LONG WILL MY INFORMATION BE STORED?
We maintain electronic and hardcopy Financing Application information for funded/closed/withdrawn financing for a period of 7 years in accordance with federal and state laws.
6. WHO CAN I CONTACT FOR PRIVACY RELATED ISSUES?
You can contact us by mail at: CaliforniaFIRST Program, Attn: Program Administrator, 500 12th Street, Suite 300, Oakland, CA 94607.